Home Warranty Plan
Safeco has partnered with American Home Shield® (AHS) to offer PFSI customers a home warranty that covers the breakdown of their home system components and appliances. AHS has been the leading provider of home warranty plans in the United States for more than 40 years.
What is a home warranty plan?
A home warranty is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of important home system components and appliances that break down over time.
AHS is one of the top 10 home warranty companies.
An industry leader with 93% of claims serviced in the last 3 years
Accepts service requests 24/7, working with local contractors to schedule a home visit within 24 hours of each request
The four different plans offered are:
- System Components
- Combo (combines appliances and systems plans)
- Build Your Own (select specific appliances and/or systems)
What do the plans cover?
- Clothes washers
- Clothes dryers
- Trash compactors
- Built-in microwaves ovens
- Free-standing ice makers
- Garage door openers
- Built-in food centers
- Air conditioning with ductwork
- Heating with ductwork
- Smoke detectors
- Ceiling fans
- Plumbing including stoppages
- Water heaters
- Garbage disposals
- Instant hot/cold water dispensers
- Pool only
- In-ground spa only
- Pool/in-ground spa
- Additional spa
- Well pump
- Septic pump & septic sewage ejector pump (only available in first year of contract)
- Guest unit (maximum square footage: 750 feet)
How does the plan work?
- Call or request service online
- AHS assigns a local repair professional
- Customer pays the service fee
- Covered item is repaired or replaced
Annual cost are reasonable with low out of pocket options. You can customize your payment plan to fit your budget. Peace of mind alone makes the program worthwhile.