Professional Liability Insurance — for Dental Hygienists
With an increasing number of dental hygienists being named as co-defendants in malpractice suits, it is becoming more important now to ensure you have the right protection. Don’t wait to find out later that your employer’s coverage does not provide adequate coverage.
Why Do You Need Your Own Professional Liability Insurance?
- Your employer’s claims-made insurance may not cover suits filed after you terminated your employment
- Your employer’s policy limits may not be enough to cover you and your co-workers
- Your employer’s coverage may not include lost wage reimbursement or licensing board hearing reimbursement
- Your employer’s coverage that may not extend outside of the workplace, such as volunteer, moonlighting or self-employed activities.
Dental Hygienists Application
Your Coverage Details
Two Plans to Choose From
- $2,000,000 each incident/occurrence/ $4,000,000 annual aggregate, or
- $1,000,000 each incident/occurrence/ $3,000,000 annual aggregate
This plan covers you… with no deductible!*
- There are absolutely no deductibles required under this plan before benefits become available.
- Pays all legal defense costs for all covered suits.
- Pays reasonable expenses up to $10,000 per incident for lost wages due to your participation in the investigation of a covered suit.
- Deposition fee and expense coverage up to $5,000 of aggregate coverage, when you are not named in a suit.
- Supplemental liability for non-business activities provides Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage for occurrences not related to professional duties. (Available to all individually insured professionals only.)
- Medical payment coverage for non-business activities for persons injured on or around your personal residence — $1,500 per person up to $75,000 for all persons. (Available to all individually insured professionals only.)
- Licensing board reimbursement coverage up to $5,000 per proceeding/$10,000 annual aggregate for attorney’s fees and other costs pertaining to licensing board/governmental regulatory body hearings.
- First party assault coverage of up to $5,000 per assault with a $10,000 annual aggregate which includes traveling to and from the workplace.
- First aid reimbursement of $2,500 annual aggregate is included.
- Locum Tenens coverage which provides protection to another professional that temporarily assumes your duties and provides services on your behalf for a specific period of time (self-employed applicants only).
- Pays court judgments and out-of-court settlements up to the limits of your policy.
- Covers the administration of nitrous oxide (where permitted by law).
- Covers the administration of novocaine including lidocaine or other novocaine-type drugs (where permitted by law).
- Coverage continues for any claims that occurred while your policy was in effect even if you have ended your policy.
- Premiums may be tax-deductible as a normal business expense.
*Not all features are applicable to students.
*This is only a summary of insurance policy provisions offered in the program. Certain coverage benefits described herein may not be available in your state at the time of policy issuance, or may be available, but with differing terms and conditions. If any conflict exists between the benefits described herein and those contained in any actual policy issued, the terms and conditions of the issued policy prevail. Coverage is only bound upon underwriting acceptance. Applying and paying for coverage is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
Contact Us Today